As winter settles in, so do the winter blahs. After exposure to cold, dry conditions, your skin would appreciate a pick-me-up. Dead cells can build up on the surface, giving your skin a dull and tired appearance. It may be hard to believe, but there is a radiant, glowing complexion hiding under all of those tired and dry skin cells! Let Julie Bath of Briarwood Cosmetic uncover the radiance that lies within!
Reveal the Real You
One of the most effective means of gently – yet effectively – exfoliating your skin is through microdermabrasion. This non-invasive treatment is the answer to many common skin issues and complaints, including chronically dry patches, acne scarring, sun damage, age spots, stretch marks, enlarged pores, and fine lines and wrinkles. By using the microcrystalline deep exfoliation of microdermabrasion, all of these dead skin cells are lifted away, revealing a healthier-looking complexion!
By removing that layer of dead cells, your skin will feel smoother, softer and more supple. In addition, the light “massaging” action of microdermabrasion, it helps stimulate the production of collagen – the very building block for youthful-looking skin.
Comfortable and Convenient
Unlike many other skin treatments, you don’t need to make any preparations for microdermabrasion. It is painless and doesn’t cause skin reactions, allowing it to be used on a wide variety of skin types with great success. It also offers the benefit of being a quick procedure, taking anywhere from 30 – 60 minutes per session; you can go back about your day as soon as you’re finished. No wonder it’s often called the “lunchtime facial”!
How It’s Done
Using a jet of micro-crystals, Julie Bath carefully removes the layer of dead skin cells that lie on your face. Ageing, tired skin is whisked away, exposing the healthy layer underneath. Microdermabrasion is virtually pain-free and your skin will not feel abraded or inflamed afterward. Julie takes the utmost care to ensure you’re comfortable and relaxed for the whole procedure, making it a mini spa treatment in the middle of your otherwise busy day!
The Unseen Benefits
While the obvious benefit of glowing, radiant skin is evident, there are other advantages to having microdermabrasion performed regularly. Here are just a few reasons this is such a great choice for everyone, regardless of skin type, skin tone or age!
- Reduced appearance of scarring. With regular use, you will see an improvement in the texture and depth of acne and other scarring.
- Pores are clearer. Dead skin and other components that can cause clogged pores are swept away, making it much less likely that you’ll experience the embarrassing phenomenon of blocked pores.
- Smoother skin texture. As you continue to regularly remove the superficial layers of dead and dying skin cells, you uncover the healthy, underlying skin.
- Even skin tone. With regular treatments, you will notice an even skin tone and a marked reduction in the appearance of pigmented spots or blotches.
- Improved absorption of skin products. When you remove the barrier created by dead skin cells, new skin is revealed, allowing it to better receive the nutrients and other components of your skin care products.
Briarwood Cosmetic is proud to offer the best in skincare solutions. Let our medical aesthetician, Julie Bath help you achieve healthy, beautiful skin and a radiant glow. With over a decade of experience in the field, she can guide you through all the steps you need to be able to put your best face forward.
Our New Year’s gift to you for January 2016: 20% off all microdermabrasion treatments. Now is your chance to give it a try and see just how much better your skin can look and feel – even during the cold winter months!