General Liposuction Information
February 21st, 2014 by Briarwood
Liposuction is a cosmetic procedure that gives individuals the option to get rid of excess or unwanted fat with a relatively simpleÂ surgery. It can be frustrating when you stick to a strict diet and exercise regimen and still have unwanted fat in your problem areas. Liposuction can be a solution for that.
Liposuction isnâ€™t meant as an alternative for a healthy lifestyle and isnâ€™t meant to battle obesity. It is meant to help with fat deposits in specific areas of the body that are difficult to get rid of through regular diet and exercise.
Some common areas where people receive liposuction are the following:
- Upper arms
- Male chest
Local, regional, or general anesthesia can be used during liposuction.
During a liposuction procedure the fat is removed by a hollow tube or cannula and an aspirator. The aspirator causes suction, this is how the fat is taken out of the body and where the procedure gets its name. Aside from the traditional way to perform liposuction there are many other ways that have been developed over the years including laser and ultrasonic assisted techniques.
Some possible side effects of liposuction are the following:
- Bruising near the affected area
- Swelling on or around the area
- Pain; this should be temporary and can be controlled by medications
- Numbness in the area around where the procedure was performed
- Scars; these will vary in size depending on the type of liposuction received and where the procedure was performed
- Some postoperative weight gain; this will most likely go away after a period of healing
- Unusual lumpiness or dents in the area
If youâ€™re considering getting liposuction in Oakville, remember to learn all of the risks of the procedure before deciding to do so. Consult a reputable surgeon to learn all the information about the surgery. For more information on liposuction consult www.briarwoodsurgical.com/liposuction.html
Comments are closed.